We discussed his equipment and workflow, including:
- Rode NT-1
- Amadeus Pro
- Audio Hijack Pro
- FX Chains on individual tracks as well as the main mix bus
- Auphonic to append and prepend music, intro, etc.
- Editing tips
We also covered 3 handy functions in Reaper (they are also possible in most other DAW’s):
- Allows for 3 states of ripple editing (we cover all 3)
- SWS/BR: Normalize loudness of selected tracks to -23 LUFS
- Item: Auto trim/split items (remove silence)
One more interesting tidbit – when Garth sent me his local recording he sent it in FLAC format (Free Lossless Audio Codec). Digital audio compressed by FLAC’s algorithm can typically be reduced to 50–60% of its original size and decompress to an identical copy of the original audio data. It’s handy for sharing large audio files as long as the receiving person has the ability to decompress the file back into a WAV file, for instance. (many software programs can do this)
Thanks for all the great info you shared, Garth! And for having a fun time with me on the show 😉
DID YOU KNOW……..We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. Thanks for listening!
Want to Start a Business or Have a Career as a Podcast Producer/Engineer?