My guest is Ric Viers – Sound Designer, Sound Effects Producer, Author of The Sound FX Bible and The Location Sound Bible, Full Sail University Hall of Fame Inductee, and Creator of The Detroit Chop Shop web series!
Ric is the Master of Sound FX. And I gave him the most over-the-top introduction EVER. (Can you tell what movie it’s from??)
We discussed so much about recording sound effects and audio on-location:
- Using Multiple mic’s simultaneously
- Shotgun mic’s, including one of Ric’s favorites, the Rode NTG3
- Ambience mic’s, including the stereo mic Rode NT4
- Large diaphragm mic’s including Rode NT2A, NT2000, NT1
- Dead cats and wookie condoms
- Ric’s trusty Fostex FR-2 recorder
- 24 bit, 96 kHz recording resolution
- Post-production using Soundforge Pro
- Other software Ric uses, including Vegas and Acid
- Subtractive EQ
Thanks for being an awesome guest, Ric!
DID YOU KNOW……..We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. Thanks for listening!
Want to Start a Business or Have a Career as a Podcast Producer/Engineer?