My guest is Stephen, a mix engineer working on mostly hip hop, rock, and alternative music.
We talked about many aspects of audio engineering that will definitely help podcast engineers/producers, including:
- Processing the human voice
- Rode NT-1
- Neumann TLM-103
- ProTools 12.5
- EQ’ing first
- Pultec EQ
- De-esser before and/or after EQ
- Multiple compressors in series:
- The first one having slow attack and fast release
- The second one having fast attack and slow release (around 3 full seconds!)
- Listening on different speakers in different environments
- FGX mastering software by Slate (he used to use Ozone 7)
- Constant Gain Monitoring
Thanks for having fun with us on the show, Stephen!
DID YOU KNOW……..We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. Thanks for listening!
Want to Start a Business or Have a Career as a Podcast Producer/Engineer?