Here’s the partial list of the topics we discussed and the wisdom that flowed in this session:
- Shure SM7B, into a Warm Audio WA-12 mic pre (which models an old API), into a dbx 266 (for a little bit of compression)
- Aphex 204 aural exciter
- Mackie VLZ1604, analog mixer with 8 direct outs
- Avid M-box 3 (interface)
- Pro Tools, sometimes Audition
- Studio in living room with L-shaped IKEA desk, some acoustic panels, mic boom arms
- 6 channel headphone amp
- A 14U rack of gear and a patch bay! wow
- dbx 286 channel strip
- FabFilter Pro-Q 2 (for some low cut filtering)
- Using Compressors, de-essers, expanders
- Normalize each track to -19 LUFS
- Music pre-loaded in a template
- LM-Correct 2 (Loudness plugin)
Listen to the full episode for all the juicy production tips 😉
Thanks for hangin’ with me and delivering the goods, Alex!
DID YOU KNOW……..We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. Thanks for listening!
Want to Start a Business or Have a Career as a Podcast Producer/Engineer?