My guest is Steve Cherubino, long time podcaster and producer.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- MXL 990 mic
- Mogami cables
- Avid M-box 3 interface
- How your computer sample rate can cause a problem with some audio VoIP services by not matching up. (see below for how to check your computer and adjust your machine’s sample rate)
- Studio One software, version 3
- KRK Rokit Powered 5 Generation 2 Powered Studio Monitor
- Shure SRH440 headphones
- Routing a guest out and back into Steve’s computer
- 24 bit WAV mixdown file
- Final MP3 at 192kbps Mono
- dbx 266 XL compressor/gate
- Pro EQ
- Waves NS1
- Studio One Limiter on stereo buss
Here are the instructions I mentioned on the show – how to check and change your computers sample rate:
- On a Mac you can do it via the Audio Midi Setup application: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202968
- For windows, in the audio settings for recording devices (Win 7 example but I believe this hasn’t changed): https://forums.adobe.com/thread/973133
Listen to the full episode for all the oozing of audio wisdom and wisecracks 😉
Thanks for sharing so much great info, Steve!
DID YOU KNOW……..We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. Thanks for listening!
Want to Start a Business or Have a Career as a Podcast Producer/Engineer?