My guest is Jason Sanderson, podcast producer and audio engineer. He works on several extremely popular shows including The Art of Charm. His website is PodcastTech.com
Here’s the mammoth list of what we discussed in this session:
- Neve preamp
- Amek preamp/compressor
- Using the Abbey Road Test Disc for reference (specifically Alan Parson’s voice)
- RX 6: de-clip, spectral de-noise, de-reverb, leveling, dialogue isolate, deconstruct (removes distortion)
- AKG 701 headphones (Quincy Jones model)
- Plugins: EQ in ProTools, Waves Renaissance De-esser, Waves 1176 (Blue Stripe), Scheps 73, SSL Mix Buss Compressor, Pultec EQ, ProTools Limiter, Master Fader Loudness monitor
- Cutting the high-mid whistle around 3.10, 3.11 or 3.12kHz
- ProTools HD
- Auphonic cross-gating function, sometimes
- Zoom H4
- This session Jason is using an SM58
Listen to the full episode for all the goods 😉
Thanks for sharing SO MANY awesome tips, Jason!
DID YOU KNOW……..We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. Thanks for listening!
Want to Start a Business or Have a Career as a Podcast Producer/Engineer?