My guest is Kyle P. Snyder, Lecturer at Ohio University School of Media Arts and Studies, freelance engineer and consultant for White Coat Audio, and Chair of education for the Audio Engineering Society (AES).
Kyle and I got deep into many audio engineering subjects that are key to producing podcasts. Enjoy listening to the full session.
We also talked about:
- “Painting a sonic portrait” – which is what Kyle teaches his students at Ohio University
- Sound Walks
- Fixing bad audio
- A Media in Medicine Podcast called Rotations
Partial list of his gear and software:
- TLM 103 mic
- Yamaha Nuage – digital desk
- Neve preamp
- Nuendo DAW (Steinberg)
- Sound Devices USBPre 2
- Neumann U87
- Grace preamps
- Auralex Microphone Isolation Shield for Vocals and Voiceover
- Lavalier mics
- DPA d:vice™ Digital Audio Interface
Btw, Kyle also hosts and produces the AES Journal Podcast.
Thanks for hangin’ with me and delivering the goods, Kyle!
DID YOU KNOW……..We exist for the purpose of helping you, so please comment below with any questions or remarks. Thanks for listening!
Want to Start a Business or Have a Career as a Podcast Producer/Engineer?